Fireproofing Estimating Software is a software designed to make estimating fireproofing, specifically fireproofing requirements for ceilings, easier. The software is a simple, easy-to-use application with a calculator and an estimator.
Fireproofing Estimating Software is a package that can be installed on any Apple Macintosh computer. It is currently the only version of the software available and it has not been tested on any other operating system or hardware platform (such as Windows).
This blog post will focus on: how to install the software; how to use the calculator and estimator functions; what you will need to set up your work environment in order to successfully use the software; and finally some tips for using this programme.
What is fireproofing?
Fireproofing is a material installed in place of a flammable material that is used to prevent fire spread. For example, if you have offices or workplaces with wooden beams and walls, the fireproofing used in the ceiling or wall should be designed to resist the spread of fire. Such resistance will come from:
1) Fire dampers – These reduce the speed of fire but they take up some space; if too many are installed, they can make it difficult for people to move around in the room.
2) Fire catchers – These catch any burning material; however, for them to work properly there has to be enough air flow so that any sparks may fall away without causing more damage.
How does Fireproofing Estimating Software work?
The software has two functions.
The calculator function: With this function you can:
– Enter the area and height of a space.
– Select from a list of materials that you can use for fireproofing. After selecting the material, you will then get information on the minimum thickness required for such material to be effective for fire resistance. You will also find the standard size used for such a material.
– Enter either the area or height and get information on how much material is required to cover an area according to a certain thickness.
Benefits of Fireproofing Estimating Software:
If you have ever been in a situation where you had to go to a site and calculate how much fireproofing you need for the ceiling or wall, this software will save you so much time. You will also be able to easily estimate the actual materials cost for your job. Some other benefits include:
1) You can store information for future use which makes the process of estimating and quoting a job much faster.
2) The software is easy to use. After installation you only need to enter the area, height and material required. If you have selected that you are calculating the material thickness required, then a simple button click will identify the minimum thickness requirement for a given material at a given area or height.
3) The software is reasonably priced. It can be purchased at a cheaper price than several of your lunch breaks in a year.
4) You will have the ability to set up work environment the way you want it. This will include the units that you are going to work in.
5) You can now use this software on a laptop or tablet computer, as well as your usual desktop computer. Simply connect the tablet or laptop to your Wi-Fi network and then start entering data for your estimates and quotes; that’s all there is to it!
6) It works with both metric and imperial measurements (you may set which system you prefer for either calculator or estimator).
Who should use this program and why should they use it over other programs that can be used for estimating fire protection system losses and costs:
This program is written for use by:
- Architects, Civil Engineers and/or Building Designers who must provide estimated fireproofing system losses to architects, civil engineers and/or building designers.
- Carpenters, Millwrights and other laborers who have to provide estimated fire protection system losses and costs to owners of high-value buildings that are regularly built on the basis of these estimates.
- Other contractors who may be required to estimate fireproofing costs at the time of a job or when bidding a job.
Fireproofing Estimate Software is a must-have piece of software if you are involved in estimating and quoting fireproofing as part of your job. Not only will the software save you time when completing estimates or quotes, but it will also help you to ensure that you are using the right amount material when doing so. The calculator and estimator functions mean that there is no need to rush to a building supply store in order to get these figures, simply use this computer program instead.
In order for this programme to be useful for you, do not try to use it if you have not properly prepared your work environment.