Hand-shelling of maize is a laborious process. Additionally, it can disrupt storage and expose your maize to elements that can degrade its quality and moisture. Therefore, any farmer should consider investing in a maize sheller, which improves the quality of the grain and maximizes output.
What It Does
Traditional shelling techniques harm the grains, resulting in lower yields and revenues. Using a maize sheller may sell your goods for more money while maintaining the quality of the grains you collect. It would be best if you chose a maize sheller that can accommodate all of your needs while making your selection.
You should know the size of maize Sheller required for your requirements. Small handheld, manually driven maize shellers are suited for small-scale farmers at a budget.
On the other hand, large-scale farmers require more than a manual Sheller. The larger electric shellers are helpful in that situation. Of course, the cost of the prominent automatic maize shellers will be higher.
Several factors determine an electric sheller’s cost in addition to its size. Larger, more powerful ones are expensive, but the Sheller’s features also set the price. You will undoubtedly pay a little more for machines with superior functionality. More conveniences, good to note, make your work simpler, more effective, and improve grain quality.
Types of Shelling Machines
There are three kinds of large-scale maize shelling machines: electric, diesel-driven, and tractor-driven. The diesel-powered models are the most common, able to shell approximately 90 kg of corn in under two minutes. The machine is equipped with a substantial gunny bag, into which the shelled corn is collected.
Before you purchase one, you should have a deeper understanding of the usage of a maize shelling machine’s essential information, including its activity note and working principles.
Features to Carefully Examine
The maize sheller machine price in Kenya is highly affected by some of the device’s features. Some of the features are as follows;
- A good maize shelling machine should have a portable, user-friendly, ergonomic design and a compact structure.
- Verify the engine’s performance and dependability. Using this, you can estimate how many bags you can shell in an hour.
- Longevity and toughness is an important feature. Always choose a machine whose construction is flawless. Buy a high-performance device with remarkable durability.
- Our extensive experience designing, manufacturing, supplying, and exporting machines of unsurpassed quality will enable you to save time, effort, and money. We are among the well-known maize shelling machine exporters in Kenya who have provided machines with excellent performance and long lifespans.
- One must prioritize the cost when choosing a maize sheller, among other things. It is because one must stay within their budget despite all other factors. Seek out retailers that offer specialized, personalized discounts and promotions.
Maize shelling machines are essential tools for improving grain quality. Before purchasing a shelling device, it is critical to conduct extensive research. The research will help you gather a variety of useful information. Check also about posho mills.