Women who experience pain, change in weight loss, and irregular periods after the age of forty should consult a gynecologist in Lahore. The specialist will detect the cause, its severity, and associated complications. The guidance regarding the treatment will allow the person to function adequately and avoid further physical health-related complications.
It is a condition, in which the period’s transition happens before the expectation. The phase can last for ten months to ten years prior to menopause. The treatment can help manage the symptoms.
Symptoms of Perimenopause
The symptoms of perimenopause are:
- The estrogen production in the body decreases, which affects the period cycle.
- The reduction in estrogen causes dilation in the blood vessels, which leads to hot flashes. Women may suffer from hot flashes multiple times a day.
- The person suffers from night sweats that can affect the quality of sleep and cause anxiety.
- The change in the levels of estrogen causes a change in body weight. Women can notice that they gain weight without any dietary changes.
- The woman suffers from mood disorders. The family members notice that the patient remains agitated and may become aggressive.
- The low estrogen in the body can cause water retention. The water retention causes breast tenderness, which can lead to unbearable pain and discomfort.
- The person can have low cholesterol in the body. It can lead to multiple physical health problems such as stroke and cancer.
- Women going through perimenopause suffer from bone pain due to low calcium in the body.
Causes of Perimenopause
Women go through this phase when there is a fluctuation in the estrogen levels leading to the symptoms of menopause before the expected time.
- The woman going through the transitioning phase is at higher risk of suffering menorrhagia. The patient is at a higher risk of suffering from anemia, which can affect the functioning of the vital organs. Also, it can cause the pregnant woman to lose the child.
- Women suffering from the transition, are remain agitated and anxious. It can affect their communication and relationship with family members. The mood swings can affect personal and professional performance and may lead to clinical depression.
- The decrease in estrogen causes low cholesterol, which puts the patient at a higher risk of developing cancer and heart disease.
The hormone test help determine the level of estrogen in the blood. The low estrogen in the body indicates that the woman is going through perimenopause.
The medications that are proven effective for women going through the transition are:
- The specialist will tell the patient to take a low dose of oral contraceptives. It will help the women to manage their sweating and reduce the risk of suffering from osteoporosis.
- The woman remains agitated and aggressive due to the hormonal change in the body. The use of antidepressants can help manage mood swings and avoid further complications.
- The patient who suffers from menorrhagia as a complication of the transition takes steroids. The medication help reduce the blood flow and allow the patient adequately in every aspect of life.
- Women should maintain healthy body weight by engaging in physical activities to remain fit and avoid physical health problems.
- Women should avoid consuming alcohol and smoking, which may cause hormonal changes and other physical health problems.
- Women must maintain a healthy lifestyle by consuming organic food and avoiding processed and sugary food items.
Individuals who notice changes in the period cycle must discuss their symptoms with a gynecologist in Karachi. The specialist will provide guidance regarding the latest treatment and lifestyle modifications that can improve the overall functioning and avoid complications.