Nowadays so many experiments are going on in the field of education that almost every sector of education is experiencing innovation and old methods are going through renovation. These days new methods of teaching students have created revolutionary patterns in the field of education. Today students are very curious to learn anything and this curiosity has made them perform their own research work such as if they have curiosity to know about ERP full form then they can search about ERP full form through various mediums. But apart from such facilities students always search for independence and freedom during their studies. In an open and independent environment kids always learn happily and are full of joy. During Covid-19 pandemic, the world of education has seen evolution at a vast level. This outdoor spacing provides fresh air and a new environment to the kids which makes them learn happily in the class.
This is a very important factor these days. How the students love to study because being robust can’t be the only solution in the world to make them study or learn. Now if we see kids of today then we can clearly see that they are quite better at research than we used to be at that same age. Students are enthusiastic enough to complete their academic targets and attain knowledge enough for them. These days school management is applying a learning management system. These days the learning management system is also promoting teaching students in the lap of nature and fresh air. This is so, because students are nearly fed up with the same traditional teaching method which used to be one way oriented and comfort of students is never considered till now but these days online learning and education apps have made teaching and learning very easy for the students as well as it is student oriented. Let’s understand the benefits of outdoor learning. Whole body of students or any individual needs to be energised & have fresh air. It is proved under many studies and case histories that a student’s body and mind need fresh air and belongingness of nature to learn more effectively and in a happy environment. When students learn academic subjects and sports in the lap of nature and in a natural environment the ample number of physical activities inspire and motivate them.
Outdoor play, environmental education, adventure, and recreational activities are some of the few examples of beyond the classroom learning. Sometimes when students are taken to a zoo, museum, safari there they learn a lot. For example, when students are taken to safari, they come to know a lot about nature and the ecosystem. They see and understand practically how any wild animal can react to a human appearance practically. Classroom teaching and learning is quite theory based which students have to usually mug-up but outside the classroom teaching helps students use their visual senses and feel the theories coming to life and practically happening in front of them. So, Lets understand the benefits of learning beyond the classroom:
- This type of learning develops interpersonal skills and gives independence to the mind to act freely beyond the boundaries of the classroom and use own skill sets and intelligence too.
- This type of learning boosts up the creativity as the student gets enthusiastic to see visually how the theories he/she learned in classroom works and when a student starts to see the world through his/her eyes of creativity then he/she invents his/her own way of understanding the things too.
- Students and kids are like birds, they never like boundaries and caging, due to too much academic pressure and stress they get some behavioural problems like anger issues and irritations but when they get a chance to gain knowledge through outside learning their mind set changes and fills with enthusiasm to learn in a new environment. Hence, we can say that learning beyond the classroom removes behavioural issues in students too.
- Facing new things and magic of practical experience students receive motivation to continuously learn and gain experience and knowledge as much as they can.
- Outside learning makes students understand the universal truth that nothing is certain in this world one must be ready with all his or her resources to face the uncertainties of life at every stage.