A milking machine is a machine that is useful in the process of drawing milk from animals’ udders, such as cows. This equipment extracts milk, designed to pro ide a constant vacuum meant to suck milk and store it in a collecting jar.
Different components of a milking device
- Vacuum tank
- Milk receptacle
- Vacuum gauge
- Teat cup shells
- They meant to protect the cow’s teats.
- The machine has four teat cups for the teats
- They are characterized to have a liner tuber
- They have two chambers;
- Inside the liner
- Between the outside liner and the metal shell
The suction is created by the vacuum tube to draw milk. The milk flows via the tube to the milk tank.
- Used to turn off and the machine
- Ensures that the lymph and blood do not accumulate around the teat to avoid damage.
- They are cleaned regularly to ensure that they function effectively.
- It is used to keep track of the cow milking records.
- It controls the milking machine.
- It alerts the milking person when the milk flow is relatively low by automatically slowing down the suction and detaching the teats’ cups.
The milking machine price in Kenya depends on the type of machine.
Advantages of a milking machine
- Its saves on labor expenses
- It does not depend on skilled workers
- It is fast as compared to routine practice.
- It produces quality milk as compared to the traditional method.
- It’s safer compared to hand milking.
- It creates a good milking routine, thus reducing stress during lactation.
Maintenance practices of a milking machine
Flush the system using a bucket; it is done manually using solutions washed by vacuum. Follow the company user manual to enhance the cleaning of parts.
How to use the milking machine
- Clean the teats properly
- Coat the teats to the base of the under completely with the teat disinfectant.
- Fore-stripping should be observed.
- Wipe the teats dry with a different dry towel.
- Attach the unit
- Adjust the unit to minimize the Liner slip.
- Shut the vacuum off.
- Remove the unit.
- Coat the teat with teat disinfectant.
- Ensure you wear disposable gloves while milking to avoid spreading bacteria.
Consider the following when installing the machine
Number of cows
Herd size of the cows requires a big capacity machine – 5 to 10 cows need a single cow milking machine.
- Milking production level
Where skilled worker is scarce, milking machines are preferred. Buying a machine is cheaper when it comes to the cost of labor.
The milking machine is electrically powered in places with no electric power. They use combustion engines or solar energy.
Types of this machine
- Automatic milking machines systems.
- Rotary milking parlor.
- Swing over milking parlor.
- Milking parlor
The information provided above outlines the critical information that a farmer should be aware of before purchasing a milking machine. For more, check milking machine for cows price.