The individual who experiences congestion, loss of smell, and difficulty breathing must visit the best ENT Specialist in Islamabad. The specialist will conduct tests to understand the cause of the symptoms and provide guidance regarding effective treatment options to avoid further complications.
Nasal polyposis is a condition in which the individual suffers from breathing problems due to abnormal growth of non-cancerous mass inside the nose. The individual does not feel pain. However, it requires immediate medical attention. Men above forty are at a higher risk of suffering from nasal polyposis. Also, the treatment is proven effective in treating the conditions without causing further physical health problems.
The symptoms of nasal polyposis are:
- The individual suffers from nasal congestion, which causes extreme discomfort.
- The patient suffers from runny nose and sneezes throughout the day.
- The individual suffers from facial pain and constant headaches.
- The patient snores while sleeping.
- The individual suffering from nasal polyposis suffers experience loss of smell and taste.
The inflammation of the lining of the sinuses causes the individual to suffer from nasal polyposis. The factors that increase the risk of suffering from nasal polyposis are:
- The individual with recurrent infections must consult a specialist and take proper medications to avoid complications, such as nasal polyposis.
- Asthma patients must prioritize their physical health and avoid triggers as it increases the risk of suffering from multiple health-related complications.
- Allergic fungal sinusitis can increase the risk of suffering from nasal polyposis and related complications.
- Patients with cystic fibrosis are at a higher risk of developing tumors that can affect the functioning of organs.
- Aspirin sensitivity correlates with nasal polyposis; Hence, people must avoid self-medication.
- People must take necessary precautionary measures to avoid complications such as:
- Asthma patients should be aware of the side effects of ignoring their health. It is best to avoid environmental triggers that can cause breathing problems. The patients must take medications and modify their lifestyle to enhance their physical health.
- People must wash their hands frequently at work to avoid contracting infections that may affect their health and cause further complications.
- Individuals who experience symptoms of infection should use a saline spray to rinse the nasal passages to remove the allergens.
- It is best for people suffering from recurrent infection should avoid dust and tobacco to prevent further complications.
Complications Associated with Nasal Polyposis
The complications that correlate with nasal polyposis are:
- The patients are at a high risk of suffering from sleep apnea which can cause mental health problems.
- The patient suffers from recurrent infections that can deteriorate physical health and cause anxiety.
The test that helps diagnose nasal polyposis are:
- The Computerized tomography test help detect the presence of polyps. Also, it helps to identify the exact location and size to select the suitable treatment plan.
- The endoscopy helps in examining the nasal passages to confirm the presence of a polyp.
- The skin scratch test helps understand the reaction of allergens.
Effective Treatment Options
The medications and procedures that are proven effective in treating nasal polyposis are:
- Use of Corticosteroids: The medications help reduce inflammation. It allows the person to breathe without discomfort.
- Use of Antihistamines: The medications help treat allergies, which may have led to nasal polyps.
- Use of Antibiotics: The medication helps fight infections and reduce the symptoms of nasal polyps.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: It is an endoscopic procedure in which an instrument helps remove the polyps.
- Individuals must maintain their hygiene by washing their hands frequently.
- People with asthma and other physical illness must avoid the allergens that can trigger nasal polyposis. Individuals should avoid dust as it can worsen asthma and cause further complications.
The patients diagnosed with nasal polyposis must consult a competent and reliable specialist at Maroof International Hospital. The specialist will provide guidance regarding the effective treatment options that can help the individual manage the symptoms and enhance the quality of life.