This machine removes mud, dirt, loose paint, and mold from surfaces and concrete surfaces by the use of high pressure. Moreover, there are two varieties of pressure washers: gas and electric washers. In this article, we will discuss the essential aspects to know about this washer.
A pressure washer is used in places where the supply of water is adequate. A low supply of water causes starvation that result to the damage of the parts of the pump. This machine has an electric, hydraulic, or pneumatic motor.
The motor drives the high-pressure water pump. The pressure washer nozzle creates high pressure and velocity. There are different types of nozzles. Some create water jets in fan patterns, while others make jets in corn patterns. Nozzles that deliver a higher rate of glow lower the pressure output. Nozzles are usually directed and attached to the trigger gun.
Types of chemical injectors
- High-pressure injector
The injector introduces the chemical after there is water removal from the pump. It is also known as the downstream injector.
- Low-pressure injector
It introduces the chemical before the water removal from the pump. It is also known as the upstream injector. The type of injector depends on the detergent used.
Not all chemicals are introduced into the water because they may destroy the pump if low pressure is used. These washers should be used carefully.
How this pressure washer works
It takes in water from the pump. The pump speeds up water to high pressure. Water is squirted from the hose at a certain speed via the trigger gun.
Parts of a pressure washer
- Water inlet
It connects the pressure washer to that main supply of water. It has a filter to stop debris or dust from entering the washer.
- Electric motor/ gas engine.
The gasoline engines power big washers. This engine works best in a limited electric power supply. The machine is designed to power the pump.
- Water pump
It is hand operated. An electric motor drives it.
- High-pressure hose
It runs from the washer to the cleaning attachment. It is reinforced using a wire mesh. It has two or more layers of plastic.
- Cleaning attachment
They are driven by the pressure of the water flowing via them. The pressure washer price in Kenya depends on the type of machine.
Importance of pressure washing
- It improves the value of the building. It makes the structure look new and also more appealing.
- Cleaning droppings from birds reduce the risk of building damage.
- Parking lots and garages improve the employee and the customer’s experience at the building and make the stricter appear better.
- Pressure washing ensures the environment is better for the employees. It eliminates harmful substances.
- Pressure washing removes the paint and graffiti to give the structure a professional look.
How to use a pressure washer
- Read the manufacturer manual carefully
- Know how to turn off the washer quickly
- Place that washer at a stable surface
- Wear both the eye and ear protective gear.
- Avoid leaving the spray gun unattended when the machine is in use
- Ensure that the nozzle and spray setting is correct
- Avoid pointing the gun at animals, people, or plants
- Keep the spray away from power lines.
The above are some aspects you need to know about pressure washers. It is worth purchasing this machine.