This trimmer is one of the garden tools and equipment. One can use it to trim hedges, ground cover, and perennial crops. It has a fastener linked to an eccentric hinge that spins around a stationary axis driven by a gear.
This trimmer can either be manual or use power. It is also called the bush trimmer. This article will discuss some other things you need about this trimmer.
Trimmers are classified into two types. These include a single-sided trimmer and a double-sided trimmer.There are three types of trimmers:
- Battery-powered trimmer.
- Electric powered trimmer,
- Petrol-powered trimmer.
Under the electric-powered trimmer, they are further categorized into two:
- Corded electric-powered trimmers
- Un-corded electric-powered trimmers
Below are some of the advantages of using the electric hedge trimmer;
- They give a clean cut leaving your hedges and shrubs looking spectacular.
- They have interchangeable rechargeable batteries, thus increasing the run cut time.
- They offer a quiet operation and can be used in residential or business areas without causing noise disturbance.
- They do not need electricity to operate; hence they can be used easily, even in areas with power outages or no power source.
- They are easy to use and maintain.
- They save on energy 100%.
- They leave a clean-cut hedge and a neat shrub.
- They are lightweight and hence do not cause fatigue while operating.
- They have an antilock safety mechanism that processes clients from injuries that the trimmer blades may cause.
Safety precautions of this trimmer
- Read and follow the instructions of the supplier of the manufacturer.
- Use safety gears to enhance safety
- Inspect your cordless trimmer
- Avoid using the electric trimmers when the weather is wet
- Avoid putting your hands near the blades of the trimmer
Some of the factors to consider when purchasing a trimmer
The size of the hedge
It determines whether the trimmer will suit the job. Long trimmers are easy to use as compared to those of short sizes. For instance, if the hedge has dense leaves, one will require a more powerful machine with a broader blade gap.
Petrol trimmers are said to be the most powerful among the other trimmers. They work best for dense leaves and branches.
The type of the blade
It is evident that the better the blade, the cleaner the cut.
Some other factors to consider include:
- The cost
- The durability period
- The noise
- Safety of the trimmer
- The maintenance practices
- The ease of use
Features of a trimmer
- Electric trimmers are cordless, thus making them easier to use
- It has dual switches to increase the safety
- It has an off lock to reduce the risk of turning the trimmer on
- It has an excellent warranty to show that the manufacturer is sure of their products
- It has a wraparound handle that makes it easier to hold the trimmer more comfortably
- It has an on lock that enables the user to use the trimmer comfortably for a long time
Hedge trimming improves the appearance of the environment. It is worthwhile to purchase this tool. Check also brush cutter.